Friday, October 17, 2008

Senseo

Here it is. We replaced our aging (4 years old?) Espresso machine with a Senseo. K and I both thought it was a bit of a joke. How could we downsize to that! But when I was fed up with the espresso machine and the grinder (also 4 years old) as the coffee was just not coming out so good anymore and the grinder requiring coffee to go through twice in order to get a usable espresso ground, I had to go shopping quick in order to still use K's birthday as an excuse. Also, our plunging dollar is going to cause gadgets like it to go up in price very soon.

Anyway, there I am in the store realising the machine I want is $800, or I can get a cheaper one which does not have a conical bur grinder built-in for $350 but a grinder that will satisfy me for a few years is another $200.... And then the Senseo was discounted down to $39.... Well gosh golly miss molly... We had joked about it before, but now I saw fit to get one and see if we could deal with it.

Everyone I know in Holland has one.... I saw it in the rest of Europe and in the USA, it must be good.

So here it is. Makes alright coffee. Nothing seriously espresso about it, nut it is very simple, very clean, very fast, no fuss. Instead of having one seriously good industrial strength coffee in the morning, I now have a few coffees throughout the day.

Not being that popular in Australia yet the supermarkets do not have too many Senseo coffee pods on the shelves, so the choice of coffee is limited and expensive. I went to eBay and purchased a Coffeeduck for the Senseo so I can put my own coffee in. Can't wait to get it.

Wish us luck!

But maybe one day soon we will get a good espresso machine and grinder again.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: