Friday, October 03, 2008

Living the Dream


Went for a walk with Katherine at our Kelcey Tier... Well, wow, what a difference a tune-up makes! I know the tracks back to front and how hard/easy they are. Today I flew, my legs barely touching the ground. I felt like running the whole way up, never felt there was much of a hill. A month ago I had to sit down 5x to get up the hill and had real trouble doing any of the walks. Today I left K. well behind. She is scared I might stay this way.

My belly is getting (to look) funny with the blood thinner injections going into it twice a day, but that is only a temporary thing. Can't wait to stop that. The extra inhaled antibiotics I am still inhaling are cumbersome and slow, but I deal with it.

The physio in the hospital was fantastic, and I feel I have really learned to clear my airways more efficiently with the autodrainage (?)techniques that Jenny taught me with lots of patience. They are not easy to pick up, but I find them very useful, doing some whilst driving and walking. Lets hope I keep on feeling this good.

I have no idea why I feel so good as my lung function has not increased particularly much, and my oxygen levels are not particularly high.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: