Friday, June 25, 2010

Chinatown

As most of you know I started my www.coughing4cf.com adventure. As a form of  'private diary' I thought I'd start blogging here:

Flight to KL was fine, except for the fact that I noticed my oxygen levels even in the pressurised cabin was very low. Handy to have the device with me to tell me that, but very worrying at the same time.


On board I bought a prepaid phone SIM for a few dollars. In KL I realized that this service doesn't give me Internet over the phone network. I can still connect on wireless networks, which is fine, but means I have no iPhone maps in the street when I need them:

Last night I went to meet the guys at Chinatown. I thought I wouldn't need a map..... Was told to get on monorail. People there told me to go to station X. I get there and ask for Chinatown and get told  by passengers that I have to go to station Y. There I got told to go to station Z... There i saw a sign to 'Chinatown'. Walked for 40 minutes and got totally lost and decided to find a cab. There was no taxi anywhere to be found. I saw a durian stall - indicating I was miles away from the tourist routes.... Eventualy found a cab. He refused to take me to China town. But then at a petrol station someone offered me a lift. 20 Minutes later I got to Chinatown and found the guys there in minutes! 

They had finished dinner... I thought finding china town would've been simple and locating them hard. With the iPhone on the Internet it would've been EASY! this is why I need Internet on the phone... Ah well.


I probably should've stayed in the same hotel as guys, but they saving money by sharing in a cheap hotel and i was worried I might be quite sick from the flight and booked the 4star Novotel. Killer, Flasher and Cheese bought lots of stuff at the markets but I am over my 15kg allowance with all my meds, so I had to restrain myself!

Today we fly to Brunei! Thrust and Ross arrived last night and we're in same hotel and will go together.


Had the best lunch in hotel yesterday!! Unbelievable yumcha style food in a buffet. That and a clean fresh room where I could nap, nebulise and shower etc made a big difference. From mow on I'll be sharing...


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: