Friday, June 11, 2010

Back to pH levels



I heard from a nurse that when people present in hospital with blood that is too acidic they give IV fluids with Alkaline in them to correct the pH. Further research has shown that there is such thing as RESPIRATORY ACIDOSIS which I would say could be something that people with CF probably constantly live with in some measure. That would explain why eating more alkaline foods might correct this tendency.

Still feeling heaps better than I have in the past, and all I can say it clearly started when I started watching my diet a little. All I do is try eat more from the alkaline forming foods; drinking a bit more green tea, have soy-milk on my muesli, add some pickles to my snacks/sandwiches, add Spirulina, which allegedly is an alkaline supplement, to my pills and potions... More of my musings, including this one, on the acid-alkaline balanced diet -here-.

No comments: