Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Motorbikes and Oliebollen

Starting the year of with Oliebollen in Isaacs, Canberra was one thing, but little did I realise that at two consecutive Hash Runs in January I was to be fed more home-made Oliebollen! 

And not only that, a neighbour, who is currently away, has oliebollen she made waiting for us in the freezer! Never have I been so well endowed in the oliebollen department!

And as for excitement, for a Hash weekend away last week I borrowed Cindy's Honda Motorbike (NT 650). I rode with a couple of people to the town of Ross for the event and back the next day. The riding, camping, drinking and lack of sleep made my sore throat into a bit of a more serious cold. But riding a motorbike is so exciting, it is awesome! I was reminded know why so many men my age buy motorbikes. If you cant afford a Porsche, don't have a 12 inch penis, then a motorbike will make you go a long way too!
A week after borrowing Cindy's bike I borrowed another bike, a 1200cc Suzuki Bandit. Wow! Like a bat out of hell. It was a little bit like how I expect heaven to be. Awesome cruising here in Tasmania. The roads are perfect as they do not get frost or heat damaged.  

In the end I swapped the bike back for our car :(

Hash photos are <here> and <here>.


No comments: