Sunday, January 25, 2009

Beefing up the walks


If I am seriously considering skiing in Greenland I need to do more exercise. K and I now walk more in Kelcey Tier, going up the hill twice for instance, walking figure eights etc. As you can see from the recorded track the GPS on the phone is not highly accurate. The forest is thick and the phone is in my pocket, what do I expect? Miracles? Well, yes...

The above walk clocked up as 8.6 kms over 1 hour and 7 minutes. An average speed of 7.7kms/hr. I think that is wrong. We would not walk much over 5km/hr. Vertical up and down ranged from 70m to 170 above sea level, and we hit the high and low spots twice on this walk - giving us a total vertical of at least 200m. which is a nice exercise.

Activity: Walking
Start time: 24.01.09 11:50
Duration: 1h 7min 38s
Distance: 8.64 km
Speed (average): 7.67km/h
Pace (average): 7min 49s per km
Pace (max): 3min 5s per km
Altitude (min): 63m
Altitude (max): 169.5m

Official Nokia link (very very slow) for this run is <here >
Posted by Picasa

No comments: