Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Back in one piece

Phew, completed a tune-up in hospital. Scary stuff. Remind me not to go in again too soon. I am exhausted. Sleeping in hospitals seems to be a low priority. My last night I got my usual 2am dose of antibiotics, but woke up with an uncomfortable feeling hand at 230am.

The cannula stuffed up and the antibiotics went into my hand! It took a few hours to get a doctor in and the verdict was that it would go down in a matter of weeks and I do not need to worry about it. Since it was my last night he did not worry about putting another cannula in, and I could go back to sleep. Sweet dreams with that hand!!!

Anyway, I got discharged in the morning, drove home to Devonport, and now that I am updating this blog I am glad to report my hand is almost completely normal again. I am home with a sh1tl0ad of medicine, needles other stuff to cover me for the next two weeks. Then I need more procedures and tests and then get issued with another 2 weeks worth of stuff. Maybe after that I can return to normal except better then ever - we hope.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: