Thursday, December 27, 2007

Car Confusion

Sneak Preview


Today was the first day we woke up with a new(ish) car! Drove to the movies to see Nicole Kidman in her evil role in Magic Compass. Walked out and Katherine got a lift with Gill, kids got picked up and I went to drive the new car home to mum's.

In the big car garage I could see the silver Subaru with roof racks. I thought to myself how nice to have an easily recognisable car! As I got closer I realised it was an Outback, not a Liberty. Oops. I look behind me and there is our new car, I recognise the RX 2.5 Symmetrical AWD signage, the silver colour, the roof rack, the tow bar... I click my new remote locking key and get in the car.

Stick the key in the ignition after putting my bag on the seat next to me. Key would not turn in ignition. I recall seeing something on the front seat that wasn't mine. In fact, I now see there are a few things that aren't mine in this car. I look at the steering wheel, it has the odd MOMO name on it, like ours... I realised I was in a wrong car and quickly jumped out. It was identical, and it was 3 cars up from where I parked mine! I tried my key to lock the wrong car, but it didn't. I suppose it happened to be open. What are the chances of that happening! I took a picture of that car to show K. at home.

K. was not in the least surprised, and my mother said the same thing happened to her a few weeks ago, jumped in the wrong Falcon in a car park. Looked identical and was open! I rarely ever confuse my car, and if I did I'd expect it to be locked like mine... Anyway,...

Drove out the car park and after a short queue I came to the machine which was buzzing loudly. I stuck my card in, the machine wanted $2. I was about to get the money when an attendant came walking up to the screaming machine and told me I did not need to pay... I drove off. Strange things happen to me. Magic from the movie might have rubbed off onto me. Enchanted or bewitched?

No comments: